MARK BOWERS, Ph.D.
- Licensed Pediatric Psychologist
- Expertise in autism spectrum, psychological assessment, school functioning, parenting the difficult child, and social skills.
- Co-creator of a mobile app to help children and teens improve social skills.
- Author of the book Sosh: Improving Social Skills with Children and Adolescents.
- Intern at Denver Children's Hospital in Clinical Child/Pediatric Psychology
- Therapist and Consultant, Intensive Mental Health Program-Kansas Public Schools
- Child and Adolescent Clinician at the world-renowned Menninger Clinic
- Credentialed Psychologist, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Member, Board of Governors-Kansas Psychological Association
- Regional Advocacy Coordinator-American Psychological Association of Graduate Students
- Board of Editors of Handbook of Pediatric Psychology (3rd ed.)
- Published multiple articles in peer reviewed journals
- Contributed to articles in WebMD magazine, Scholastic, and Parenting: The Early Years.
- Ph.D., Clinical Child Psychology: University of Kansas*
- M.A., Clinical Psychology: Washburn University
- B.A., Psychology: University of Kansas
*Awarded Distinguished Contributions for the Education and Training of Child and Adolescent Psychologists and Outstanding Training Program in Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology by The American Psychological Association
When he is not working at the Ann Arbor Center, Dr. Mark enjoys spending time with his wife and two children, playing the guitar, and watching college sports.