BEHAVIORAL & DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
The Center specializes in the common behavioral problems of childhood and adolescence including:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Aggressive/acting out preschoolers
- Bedwetting, constipation and soiling
- Conduct and oppositional defiant disorders
- Crying/colicky babies
- Fears and phobias
- Pain problems (headaches and stomachaches)
- School performance problems
- Sleep disorders
- Toilet training problems
Developmental services include:
- Children who are 'late' in their development (i.e. late to walk, late to talk)
- Premature infant assessments and NICU follow-up
- Developmental and school advice for children with:
- Developmental delays
- Genetic syndromes
- Cerebral palsy
- Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Children adopted from foreign countries
In-Home Parenting Consultation (aka "Super Manny")
If you have any exposure to the PLAY Project intervention for children with autism, then you are aware of the power of home-based intervention.
At times, families report to us that their child's behaviors have escalated at home but the child knows how to "turn on the charm" in the doctor's office.
We now offer home-based behavioral consultation with Dr. Mark Bowers
(aka "Super Manny" and Pediatric Psychologist)
to help get your parenting back on track in a condensed block of time rather than over the course of periodic office visits.
This approach is appreciated by our families who travel long distances to see us for repeated office appointments, as this eliminates the need to do this.
These home visits typically range from 2-3 hours and include a full behavioral recommendation report and follow-up. Costs may be insurance reimbursable.
Please contact our office at (734) 997-9088 for additional information or to arrange for a home-based consultation.